Friday, August 30, 2013

Make Way For The Future


Today's blog will be about the slow and painful death of the film industry that is happening right in front of our eyes. In recent news you may have heard that the famous filmmaker "Spike Lee" made a kik starter in order to get money for his brand new film. I believe in a way that it's selfish for Spike to do something like that because I'm sure he has money to support his own film. Hopefully new independent filmmakers will follow in his footsteps because many movie companies have no interest in supporting independent films sadly. Though what I'm wondering is why isn't he using his kik starter account to help other independent filmmakers in need? With all these new technology advancements the film industry is being thrown left and right. Another thing brought up in the article is how Netflix is changing up the industry. I for one like Netflix because its simple to use and there's no commercials. With Netflix making its own shows everything will start to be different over the years. The article talks a lot about the death of independce and the rise of block bluster films. I believe this is entirely true because you can see this a lot in TV and music. Now and days people promote sounding like the next person. Innovation is dying out and people are scared to try new ideas so instead Hollywood makes a bunch of remakes. Even though I don't believe all new technology is harmful it does raise a lot of questions of how the industry will be affected.







http://www.thewrap.com/movies/blog-post/movie-business-broken-long-live-movie-business-113836

No comments:

Post a Comment