Friday, March 21, 2014

California Taxxxes

Ok my fellow homies today we will be discussing something that is not very interesting but worth mentioning. So read on if you like I honestly don't care...
"The loss of big budget pictures cost California $410 million in state and local tax revenue, 47,600 jobs and total economic output of $9.6 billion"


Now the rise of film taxes has started to become a bigger problem as the years go by. The reason why I bring this up is because there are many young filmmakers I know. It is important to regulate the tax because these people are currently living in LA. It's not so easy to shoot out of state even if it is a bit cheaper. With the power of film we can also help repair the state of California. The film industry is very vital to the state of California.

"The state film incentive program generated an 11% return on investment in its first three years and helped generate $4.3 billion in economic activity and 22,300  jobs"





http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-film-tax-credit-report-20140319,0,5136837.story#axzz2wcgHWumz

No comments:

Post a Comment