Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cannes 2014:


Welcome back readers!
I've decided today I will be nice and get straight to the topic.
Now I bring up the Cannes festival because it might be some thing that us student filmmakers might 
be interested in entering. Now there is plenty of film festivals to enter but the Cannes festival is like 
the grandest of them all. It is definitely an honor to have one of your films selected and even chosen
as the winner. This article and post is mainly for the student filmmaker who is more ambitious and
into the art side. If you are truly poetic and passionate for film looking into the Cannes festival may
be something of great interest for you. Now the reason I bring it up is because now the competiton
has gotten a lot stronger.

So as a student filmmaker what techniques will you use in order to win or be entered in the festival?
Basically what can you bring to the table and what makes you as a director unique? These are things
you should already be thinking about for when you want to set out for your future career in film. 13 out
of the 19 directors at Cannes have been previously nominated. Which means the chances for a new
director are very slim. So it is important to stay on top of your game and discover new innovative 
ways of creating and expanding film.  





http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/may/13/cannes-2014-new-blood-short-supply-film-festival-begins

No comments:

Post a Comment