Friday, February 28, 2014

LOOK OUT… (not really)

Today's article will be about the upcoming Academy Awards!!!! (not really that exciting)
If you are thinking about joining the film industry you may want to take notes! (not really)
-maybe a mental note-
In the past I talked about who the voters are but now I'm talking about how the voters choose the winners. There are very specific things that voters look for in order to determine the winners.
One voter says "I look for quality and originality, and how it moves me emotionally and as an artist"
So it is important if you are ever thinking about making it into the Oscars try to develop your very own voice. Take notes of opinion but ultimately do what makes you happy. At all costs get your own personal story across to the big screen.
If you're into acting or want to direct your actors well take this into note "I look for someone that doesn't have a lot of artifice," and also this "If a performance is great but the movie doesn't resonate, that will sometimes detract."


http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26346790

No comments:

Post a Comment